Website Stemta Corporation
Our team is excited about our mission and we work AND play hard together to achieve it. We offer competitive salary and benefits , and we engage our team through activities including an annual retreat, weekly lunches, monthly team outings, and the chance to travel to and present at industry events. We strongly value self-motivated, enthusiastic employees and we work hard as a group to nurture growth mindsets in company and personal goals.
About This Position
We’re seeking a materials scientist who will identify and develop materials and manufacturing processes that will improve performance and manufacturing scalability for our products.
Key responsibilities include:
- Investigating, synthesizing and characterizing new materials and manufacturing methods
- Facilitating integration of materials into propulsion system hardware, including MEMS
- Collaborating on ongoing research and development activities for propulsion system components and future advanced technologies
- Working closely with the team and product managers to understand customer and company requirements and objectives
Traits of the ideal candidate:
- Product engineering or new product development experience
- Hands-on experience in designing and executing experiments to develop new materials and substrates. Experience developing ceramic and glass materials a plus
- Ability to rapidly design, build, and test proof of concept and prototype processes and devices
- A theoretical understanding of material properties, including the mechanical behavior of materials.
- Ability to perform fracture, fatigue, and failure analysis
- Experience with a wide range of materials characterization techniques
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of microfabrication techniques
- A creative, independent problem solver
- An organized self-starter
- A team player who contributes positively to the work environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
The ideal candidate will have an advanced degree in materials science and engineering, with at least 5 years of hands-on research experience. Qualified candidates with degrees from related fields will also be considered.
The position is full-time, on-site, and available to be filled immediately.
EEO – M/F/D/V