Fortune 500 Corp
Protein Biochemist Boston
We are seeking a highly motivated Protein Biochemist to join our biotechnology team. The Protein Biochemist will be responsible for designing and optimizing protein purification and characterization protocols, developing and optimizing cell-based assays, and implementing process intensification strategies for our protein therapeutics development programs.
- Design and optimize protein purification and characterization protocols, including chromatography and electrophoresis methods.
- Develop and optimize cell-based assays to support protein characterization and activity testing.
- Implement process intensification strategies for protein production, including the use of automation and continuous processing techniques.
- Conduct protein stability studies to support formulation development and storage conditions.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to support protein therapeutics development programs.
- Maintain detailed records of experiments and results in electronic lab notebooks.
- Analyze data and prepare technical reports and presentations.
- PhD in Biochemistry preferred
- Experience in protein biochemistry and protein purification, or Master’s degree with 5+ years of experience.
- Strong expertise in protein purification techniques (e.g., affinity, ion exchange, hydrophobic interaction, size exclusion chromatography) and electrophoresis methods (e.g., SDS-PAGE, Western blotting).
- Demonstrated experience in mammalian cell culture and cell-based assays (e.g., ELISA, luciferase assays).
- Experience with process intensification and automation techniques for protein production.
- Knowledge of protein structure and function, as well as protein stability and formulation development.
EEO – We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all qualified candidates to apply.