Website Stemta Corporation
Senior Test Engineer Aerospace
You are expected to engineer complex technologies, engage in project planning, and collaborate with cross functional teams. As a Senior Engineer you will be directly contributing and leading junior engineers to produce ion engines that revolutionize the industry. Experience completing development design cycles with propulsion or similarly complex, high-reliability systems is important to success in this role.
• You will design elements of electrospray propulsion products, including
propellant supply systems, electronics interfaces, spacecraft interfaces and ground
• Participate in all phases of projects, including system definition, design, test, and
integration as required.
• Design, analyze, test, and document with SolidWorks and other advanced tools to create
robust product designs for production release into system and
• Work closely with Systems Engineering to help define requirements and test plans for
new products and mission scenarios.
• Work with engineering and program management to create work breakdown structures,
refine schedules, and hit project milestones.
• Guide and mentor early career engineers and coordinate project support functions.
• 5+ years of engineering experience w/ a BSME or equivalent (MSME preferred)
• Expertise designing electromechanical and fluid handling systems, selecting materials,
and performing analysis/test in relevant thermal/vibration/high vacuum environments.
• Aerospace (or similar harsh environment) systems engineering development and testing
experience in simulated lab environments.
• Proficient preparing engineering documentation per ASME Y14.5 and quality control
standards for production release.
• Experience transitioning at least one complex electromechanical product from early
concept into production.
• Design of spacecraft fluid management systems, spacecraft enclosures and structures,
spacecraft electro-mechanical interfaces and/or high-voltage systems
• Microfluidic system design and analysis
• Electric or chemical propulsion experience
• SolidWorks CAD and/or PDM administer
EEO – M/F/D/V