Website Stemta Corporation
Principal Structural Engineer
Our client has engaged StemTA to assist in finding them an experienced Principal Engineer to provide structural engineering assessment, planning and design services for bridge and structure repair, as well as rehabilitation and reconstruction projects and programs.
· Ensure all bridges and structure assessments, designs, drawings, specifications, fabrications and construction procedures are performed in accordance with the appropriate technical and regulatory requirements.
· Direct the provision of structures assessment, planning and design for bridge repair, rehabilitation and construction projects and programs
· Direct the technical aspects of bridge repair, rehabilitation, fabrication and construction.
· Review and approve of strength ratings and life cycle assessments of large and complex structures.
· Review and approve conceptual and general arrangement design plans for new structures and complex rehabilitation of existing structures.
· Review of outside party submissions to ensure safety and reliability of the infrastructure;
· Provide advice and recommendations to senior officers concerning new bridges and structures planning and design; and existing bridges and structures assessment.
· Develop policies, technical standards and specifications concerning the inspection, assessment, design and fabrication of bridges.
· Provide direction concerning the performance evaluation and professional development of staff.
· Direct the review of the movement of specialized equipment (clearances, weight & speed restrictions) .
· Assist with the development of current year project and multi-year program capital and maintenance bridge rehabilitation and reconstruction plans.
· Assist with the management of bridges and structures inventory and condition information systems.
· Assist with the development of capital and expense spending priorities for structures, consistent with maintaining a safe railway operating infrastructure.
· Lead the assessment, planning, design and fabrication of bridges and structures and impacts construction activities for annual and multi-year capital and maintenance projects and programs.
· Undergraduate university degree in Civil Engineering with specialization in Structures. A Graduate degree in Structural Engineering is preferred. Additional studies at a Graduate level in engineering, business administration or project management is beneficial.
· Minimum 15 years railway experience which should include at least 5 years railway infrastructure maintenance and construction experience; and ten (10) years of structural engineering design experience; with appropriate related progressive managerial experience;
· Must have attained, or have the ability to attain Civil or Structural Engineering
EEO – M/F/D/V