Microbiome Science Company
Systems Biologist Dallas TX
We are seeking a talented and enthusiastic Systems Biologist Dallas to join our interdisciplinary team of researchers. As a Systems Biologist, you will contribute to the understanding of complex biological systems by integrating computational modeling, data analysis, and experimental techniques. You will collaborate with scientists from various disciplines to study biological phenomena at a systems level, with the ultimate goal of advancing knowledge in fields such as genetics, molecular biology, and synthetic biology.
- Computational Modeling: Develop and apply mathematical and computational models to understand and simulate complex biological systems. Utilize systems biology approaches to analyze and interpret large-scale biological data sets, including genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, and metabolomics data.
- Experimental Design and Execution: Collaborate with experimental biologists and bioengineers to design and conduct experiments that generate data for model validation and refinement. Work closely with laboratory personnel to ensure accurate data collection and analysis.
- Data Analysis: Perform statistical analysis and computational modeling of biological data to identify patterns, relationships, and emergent properties within complex biological systems. Develop algorithms and tools for data integration, visualization, and interpretation.
- Network Analysis: Analyze and model biological networks, including gene regulatory networks, signaling pathways, and metabolic networks. Identify key nodes, modules, and interactions that contribute to system behavior and phenotypic outcomes.
- Collaborative Research: Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams of scientists, including molecular biologists, biochemists, bioinformaticians, and engineers. Contribute to research projects by providing systems biology expertise, data analysis, and interpretation of results.
- Literature Review and Innovation: Stay updated with the latest developments in systems biology and related fields. Review scientific literature and contribute to the design and implementation of innovative research strategies and methodologies.
- Presentation and Publication: Present research findings at scientific conferences and prepare manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals. Effectively communicate complex scientific concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ph.D. in Systems Biology, Computational Biology, Bioengineering, or a related field.
- Strong background in systems biology, mathematical modeling, and computational analysis.
- Proficiency in programming languages commonly used in computational biology, such as Python, R, MATLAB, or similar.
- Experience with biological data analysis and modeling tools, such as Cytoscape, CellDesigner, or similar software.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis methods and tools for biological data.
- Familiarity with experimental techniques commonly used in molecular biology and genetics.
We offer a competitive salary, benefits package, and a stimulating and collaborative work environment. This position provides an opportunity to contribute to cutting-edge research and make a significant impact on our understanding of complex biological systems.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.Job Location Type: InOffice