Lead Java Developer Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com .
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Java Developer in Technology as part of Commercial and Corporate & Investment Banking Technology (CCIBT) within the Equipment Finance (EF) team who will demonstrate a high proficiency in Java application development, lead a team in the design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of software, and work closely with stakeholders to understand and translate their requirements into technical requirements for the development team. This Lead Engineer will also mentor junior team members to ensure they adhere to software quality standards, manage project tasks using Jira, and be responsible for creating and keeping documentation current.
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex technology initiatives including those that are companywide with broad impact
- Act as a key participant in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering complex and large-scale technology solutions for technology engineering disciplines
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs
- Review and analyze complex, large-scale technology solutions for tactical and strategic business objectives, enterprise technological environment, and technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors, including intangibles or unprecedented technical factors
- Make decisions in developing standard and companywide best practices for engineering and technology solutions requiring understanding of industry best practices and new technologies, influencing and leading technology team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives
- Collaborate and consult with key technical experts, senior technology team, and external industry groups to resolve complex technical issues and achieve goals
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 5 + years of Java application development experience within Spring framework
- 2+ years of experience in developing microservices and APIs
- 2+ years of experience with ReactJS
- 2+ years of Pivotal Cloud Foundry experience
- Experience with automated deployment CI/CD tools including Jenkins, Maven, UDeploy
- Experience with Agile, Kanban, JIRA, and Confluence
- Experience with version control or source code repositories including GitHub, Artifactory
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies, and product operating model
- Knowledge and understanding of vulnerability identification and remediation
- Ability to influence and build relationships with LOB stakeholders, technology CIO leadership, external service providers, and architecture teams
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work onsite at posted location
- 300 S Brevard St., Charlotte, NC 28202
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
EEO – M/F/D/V