This Lab Manager role will manage vacuum chambers with pressures of less than 1 micro-Torr and be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the laboratory, including managing personnel, equipment, and supplies.
- Overseeing the maintenance, calibration, and repair of vacuum chambers and related equipment.
- Managing a team of technicians and engineers to ensure efficient operation of the laboratory.
- Developing and implementing standard operating procedures (SOPs) for laboratory operations.
- Maintaining inventory of laboratory supplies and equipment, and ordering new supplies as needed.
- Ensuring compliance with safety regulations and protocols, including those related to hazardous materials, personal protective equipment (PPE), and emergency procedures.
- Conducting experiments and testing to verify the performance of vacuum chambers.
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to support research and development activities.
The ideal candidate for this role should have the following competencies:
- Machining skills, including experience with lathe, mill, and drill press equipment.
- Experience with heat exchangers and cooling systems, including knowledge of thermodynamics and fluid mechanics.
- Experience working in a clean room environment, including knowledge of clean room protocols and procedures.
- Experience with cryogenic systems, including knowledge of superconducting materials and cryogenic fluids.
- Familiarity with vacuum systems, including understanding of pressure measurement and control.
- Strong communication and leadership skills, with the ability to manage a team and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
This Lab Manager role is critical in ensuring the efficient and effective operation of our laboratory that conducts high-precision experiments in a controlled environment.
EEO – We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is not only the right thing to do, but also leads to better business outcomes and drives innovation.