Senior Mechanical Engineer Oakbrook
Location: Oakbrook, IL
Flex week in Office. Pays to Mid 100’s
Our company is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our team of highly skilled professionals. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the design and development of mechanical systems, including drafting, modeling, and testing. The Senior Mechanical Engineer will also oversee the work of junior engineers and collaborate with other departments to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Lead the design and development of mechanical systems, including drafting, modeling, and testing.
- Oversee the work of junior engineers and provide mentorship and guidance as needed.
- Collaborate with other departments, including electrical and software engineering, to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Conduct research and analysis to identify new technologies and materials to improve mechanical systems.
- Create and maintain technical documentation, including specifications, drawings, and test plans.
- Participate in project planning and budgeting, and monitor project progress to ensure milestones are met.
- Communicate with clients and stakeholders to gather requirements and provide project updates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in mechanical engineering, with a focus on design and development.
- Strong knowledge of CAD software, such as SolidWorks or AutoCAD.
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) simulations.
- Familiarity with relevant industry standards and regulations.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other protected factor.Job Location Type: InOffice