Website Stemta Corporation
Global Ecommerce firm seeks Data Engineer to play a leading role in development, integration and support of technology across multiple platforms (Unix, Cloud, Hadoop and Oracle)
· Integrate multi-technology data systems by building a unified back-end platform and a web-enabled front-end
· Follow best practices for software development and documentation, ensure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality results under time constraints
· Closely work with cross-functional team to enhance systems, troubleshoot data issues.
· Involvement in all phases of software development from review of functional specification through assisting with test plans and final QA cycle. Actively participates in monitoring and troubleshooting of production platform related issues
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent is highly desired
· 7+ years of post-college working experience with full life cycle of ETL development in Data Warehouse and Data Integration projects using Informatica or any other similar ETL tool and Big Data
· 5+ years Linux/Unix/Perl experience, including scripting and version control with working knowledge of Oracle database
· 2+ years of Hadoop using Map Reduce or Hive or Pig or any other Bid Data eco-system tool.
· 4+ years in Shell scripting, Unix, system/process automation is required
· Expertise in data research/analysis with a focus on data quality and consistency is required
EEO – M/F/D/V